- Sharing your password: This, above all, is a no, no. Please, whatever you do, do not share your password. It does not matter what website you go to, personal, business or government; do not give your password. If these places are asking for your password, leave these that website and never return.
- Sharing your home address: Oh yes, this is just as bad as sharing your online password(s) online. The last thing you want is for someone you met online to show up at your home uninvited. This is where logic comes into play. Please, use reason and logic when deciding to give out your home address. If anything, meet in a place wit lots of people, like a restaurant, mall or park, but do not give out your home address.
- Sharing your phone number: Sharing your phone number is just as bad as sharing your password(s) or home address. Privacy is still very important today and the last thing you want is to be receiving phone calls, from a stranger you met online, at all hours of the days.
Thursday, June 5, 2014
If you are someone who has been part of the social media crowd since the mid-2000’s, you are more likely to be familiar with the dangers still out there, and on the rise, to those who have become, somewhat, comfortable, in this new way of existing online. Yes, the social media market has become a place of existence for the majority of people who are online today. The computer is no longer just used for the workplace or homework, no, now it is used to connect with old friends, talk to family members and even meet new people.
Yes, meeting new people can be fun, but can you really trust them? Did you know that there are over 20 social media sites on the Internet today? That is a lot of information you might be giving these places as well. Listen, it is not necessary to be signing up with all these social media websites, so if you can, stay with the top three where you know you will log on to everyday.
Speaking of top three, let me share with you the top three (3) things about yourself that you should never, ever, share online. Yes, yes, it seems the world is getting smaller and smaller, but this does not mean you have to give away all your personal information to this now small world.
Finally, our privacy is all we have these days. If we willingly give out this information, we are the ones to blame for having no privacy, right? Now, one might think it is no big deal, but what happens if something terrible happens to yourself or a family member? Will you remember the time you gave out your password, home address and/or phone number? Probably not.
Also, when you or your business are looking to do work in the cloud, and still rely on privacy, there is only one company to do business with. This company is SingleHop. SingleHop, through their automation platform, allows an organization to effectively migrate or deploy workloads in the Cloud.
I do not always give out my personal information friends, but when I do…oh heck, I never give out my personal information. Stay safe my friends!
Thursday, April 3, 2014
The beach is the best place to be at in the summer months. There is so much to do while at the beach. People like to go either alone, with family and or friends alike. While hanging out at the beach, people can
- Play in the sand
- Build sandcastles
- Look for sand crabs and seashells
- Body surf or use a surfboard
- Walk down the strand or boardwalk
- Play volleyball
- Throw a Frisbee
- Have a fun picnic
- Go hiking in the hills or trails some beaches have
- Fish on the pier
- Get a tan and read a book or magazine.
There are endless things one can do while at the beach, even as the sun goes down. People love to start a bonfire and make S’Mores with family and friends too. Making S’Mores is part of summertime on the beach. Now, it is one thing to be visiting the beach for a day or two, but what about living at the beach. For most people who live in a state that has a coastline, more likely than not, they want to live at the beach and join the local surf club and be involved in a lot of beach activities. This one beach activity, surfing, is a lot more fun when one lives at the beach, indeed.
Living in a beach home is great because one will usually live at the beach forever and possibly pass down their home to family members, like children or grandchildren. If one lives in Florida, beach lovers will want to look into Harbour Beach homes where residents can become members, if they own a boat, lease a boat slip, join the surf club, become acquainted with other community members and join in on current calendar events.
There is nothing more fun than living at the beach and being involved in beach events put on my the beach city or local beach city communities. When living at the beach, one must take advantage of the warm weather, beach activities and restaurants along the boardwalk or in the downtown area as well.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Whether teenagers have two or three months off for the summer, there is no reason for a teenager to be bored, at home, if they have no plans for going places with their family. Instead of being bored during the summer months, teenagers can earn some skills in the workplace. There are several places for teenagers to work where they can ‘get their feet wet’ so to speak. So places for teenagers to earn some internships credits, paid or unpaid, might be i
- An office environment: Not all teenagers have to work in fast food, which is usually a paid job if a teenager is 16 or over. Working in an office environment, especially in a place a teenager might want to pursue a career in the future, is a great way to learn a little bit about that company, before deciding if this is the career for them.
- Provide employer with things from checklist below:A summer intern will want to provide their potential summer employer with:
- References (family, friends or past/current employer)
- Research potential job before any interview
- Make sure your Facebook page, or any other social media sites, look professional
- Provide possible employer with a professional looking email address and finally
- Provide employer with some personal networks where student might already know professionals.
Finally, when teenagers decide they want to apply for an internship, the best time for them to begin their search is in the winter or spring months, as this is when other teenagers will begin applying for internships as well. Stay ahead of the game and apply to more than one job for a better chance of being hired.
For teenagers looking for fun summer job, they will want to begin searching for jobs at summer camps in your city or state. So teenagers, do your best research on summer camps right now, before the summer months begin. Working at a summer camp is fun, especially if you like to be outdoors. Right now is the best time to get an interview, and possibly hired. Learn more about summer camps and how to choose a summer camp for you child as well.